It is exhausting to be feeling tired all the time, especially if you do not know why you are tired in the first place. Tiredness is not a unique thing; we all feel exhausted after working hard, but being tired even after just waking up in the morning after a good night’s sleep is not normal at all. It could mean that there are underlying problems, either physical or psychological.
Why am I so tired? If you are always asking this question, then you may have other problems because it is not normal to be tired all the time.Physical Problems that Contribute to Being Tired all the Time
Physical problems that may lead to a person felling tired all the time may include illnesses such as diabetes, underactive thyroid, anaemia, heart disease or weight problems.
- It is a well known fact that diabetics do tire out easily. This is due to the increase in blood sugar levels they suffer from.
- A thyroid problem means less thyroxine (thyroid hormone) in the body and this will eventually lead to tiredness.
- Being anaemic is another cause of feeling too tired all the time; this is due to muscles feeling too heavy to do anything productive.
- Losing too much weight may lead to not having enough strength for work, making a person tired even after only working for a few hours in a day.
- Being overweight makes the body too heavy and therefore will make a person too tired to do anything at all. It is hard for the body to function at its optimum level if it is overweight.
- Dehydration is a physical condition that can rob a body of enough fluid to enable it to fight fatigue. Drinking plenty of water will expel the toxins, making your body stronger.
To avoid feeling too tired all the time it is advisable that you seek medical attention, especially if you are not aware of having any of the abovementioned medical conditions. The tiredness you are feeling may be a symptom that you have one of the illnesses described above.
Psychological Factors that may be the Reason why you are Always Tired
- Too much stress can lead to tiredness. The best way to handle stress is to increase your Vitamin C intake. Vitamin C helps the body to handle stress. Smoking can rob your body of essential Vitamin C, so if you smoke a lot then that can explain why you are feeling tired all the time. If you want to be rid of tiredness and lead a relaxing life, try to stop smoking and live a stress-free life.
- Depression is one psychological reason why a person may always feel tired. We can all feel depressed at some points in our lives, but there can be situations when it is not taken under control and it becomes chronic. If you are depressed constantly, you naturally feel extremely sad all the time. Nothing seems to make you happy or even contented at all. Thinking of being lonely all the time may not only make you depressed but physically tired too. The body will refuse to function if the mind is not willing to cooperate. A person who is chronically depressed may cry all the time, depriving the body of enough time to rest or sleep at night.
- Certain unexpected events in life can lead to depression, like a failed relationship or the death of someone you love. If you cannot fight off depression you may become clinically depressed, which will mean that you will need certain therapy treatments.
- Lack of sleep is of course the most common factor why a person may be feeling too tired all the time. Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea and insomnia can cause extreme tiredness. Sleep apnea is a sleeping problem where the body stops breathing for short periods of time during sleep. Insomnia on the other hand is the inability to sleep at all until the wee hours of the morning. Our body needs proper rest, and sleep deprivation will definitely lead to extreme tiredness.
- Anxiety is another psychological factor in being too tired. Being anxious is the feeling of terrible unease. It can include being very afraid of something only known to you. Anxiety is a psychological problem that occurs in almost anyone who has been through a traumatic experience. The feeling of not being in control, especially of one’s own life, can be very scary indeed, and thinking about consequences that may happen, even if there are no rational reasons for them, can make anyone feel tired all the time.
Whatever the reason of your severe tiredness, whether physical or psychological, the best thing you can do is to pinpoint the cause. Once you know exactly the reason why you are feeling tired all the time, then you are one step closer to conquering your tiredness problems.
Sometimes tiredness may be temporary, but sometimes it can also be felt all the time. Just be aware of it and it will give you the chance to prevent it from being a constant occurrence in your life.
Once you start to notice that you always seem to be tired for no reason at all, that is the time to go and see a doctor. You will not be able to treat tiredness if you deny that there is a problem.
Stop asking, why am I so tired: if you are tired of feeling too tired all the time, then it is time to make a move.